Sunday, November 6, 2011

mac and cheese proscuitto cup cakes....


sorry that I don't have a better picture. I hate cupcakes. I hate the cupcake trend that is sweeping the nation.
However, if that cupcake is a savory mac and cheese pig concoction...LEGO.

I adapted this recipe from a picture I saw on chow.com but I used my mac and cheese recipe that you can find on this blog. Follow the recipe for the cheese sauce but do not add any buffalo sauce and skip the whole chicken, onion, garlic filling part.

Buy some proscuitto. And all the stuff for the mac and cheese.
preheat the oven to 375
rim a muffin pan with 2 slices of proscuitto per muffin cup. (no oil necessary thanks to the ever lovely bacon grease) pop it into the oven for about 10 minutes.
take the muffin tin out and fill the proscuitto lined muffin cups with spoon fulls of the mac and cheese topped with some panko and some extra shreds of cheddar.
back into the oven until the tops are golden and bubbly and the proscuitto cups are nice and crispy.
use a spoon to remove and let your taste buds experience a whole new world, a magical place that they never knew.

1 comment:

  1. And of course the boys think you are the best cook EVER after enjoying this dinner you made them!

    ReplyDelete